About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Stitching by the Waters Edge Retreat

I took lots of photos at the Retreat on the weekend - so here are some more ....  These gorgeous little holders for your shelf were really bright and colourful!   These are from "Pieces of Me" by Janelle Wind.


"My Favourite Things" quilt by Anni Downs - just beautiful in real life!


Lots of gorgeous colourful designs by Janelle and Natalie!


Great Christmas gift ideas!


Loved the fabric range in this collection by Natalie!


A handy shoe bag with one of Anni's designs!


From Anni's "Some Kind of Wonderful" book - these samples reminded me why I loved the book and how many gorgeous things I am planning on making!


We were fortunate to be able to purchase some of Anni's new fabric range and she had made up some gorgeous samples to tempt us!


This lovely wool felt scarf is so cute - Sandy was wearing one on Friday night when we arrived!    If you have a look at her blog she is having a great giveaway!   Just click on her name above!  Good luck!!


Show and Tell on Saturday evening after dinner was just amazing - here is Sylvia showing one of her many Anni Downs quilts!


And this won the Viewers Choice award on the night - it was my favourite!


Tutor Natalie, Jukejema Quilting Barn owner, Kim and Kate sharing a laugh!


Kate's table of clever ladies all finished a project on the weekend!   They are looking fairly pleased with themselves and so is Tutor Janelle on the far right!


Tutors Anni and Janelle!


And as I hadn't quite finished off something completely ... I didn't really think Anni would mind if I claimed some of her finished projects as mine!!  


Our patient and kind Tutors Anni, Janelle and Natalie with Kim!  Wow ... what a fabulous weekend!   What a shame it had to end!   And now I have more unfinished projects to complete!!!


3 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous colours!! I love seeing all those bright fabrics. I always enjoy the pictures from your retreats. These ladies have done some amazing work. The quilts are just beautiful!! I love the My Favourite Things quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have had a wonderful time. Those fabrics and projects are awesome. I'm so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't the retreat so much fun. It was lovely to catch up with you.


    Sandyn

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!