About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Friday, August 5, 2011

Visit to Perth

Have been so busy this past week!    Last weekend we spent three days in Perth visiting our son and his girlfriend!    This was the closest thing I got to "crafty" last weekend - we enjoyed a fabulous brunch with Andrea's parents, who also live in Perth, at "Wild Poppy" in Fremantle!   What a great place!  And outside they have decorated a cold winter tree and wrapped it with gorgeous knitted squares of bright wool - doesn't it look great?   
 

The chairs and lounges inside were covered in the most beautiful fabrics - how gorgeous is this?


Elliott and Marley!


So very windy - so what's a boy to do - kite surf!


He's out there somewhere in that choppy rough sea and howling wind - attached to the bottom of the black kite!


Amazing food - pancakes with poached pears and stewed berries!


Olive bread with spinach and tomato for breakfast!


Olive bread with goats cheese and roasted tomato bruschetta!  mmmmmmmmmmmm!


Mussel Bar in Fremantle provided a spectacular meal of mussels!


David and I at Mussel Bar!


Elliott and Andrea at Mussel Bar!   What a great weekend we had - no stitching - only a little on the plane on the way over and back!   Must get back into it this week!   Enjoy your weekend and the beautifully sunny weather we are having here on the east coast!

 

4 comments:

  1. Yum! Great pictures of the food, Fiona. Looks like you had a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice that you were able to get away and spend a weekend with your son. Great pictures! The food looks scrumptious! Looks like you had a marvellous time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful time. Lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip to Perth.

    Wow - those pancakes look to die for! I have discovered a pancake place near where I live that have the most wonderful "german pancakes" - they are huge, and totally not on my diet, but I can't help myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!