About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Friday, August 19, 2011

What have I been doing???? And a weekend away ....

It seems a long time since I have posted ... times are busy and hectic at the moment!   I have been finishing off some things and making some kits for our upcoming October Stitching on the Lake Days in Canberra.   Some things I can't share ... but some I can .... 

This cute little face peeking out from underneath a pile of fabric might give you a hint of something we are planning on doing at our Stitching Days in October!!



I was excited to receive my first block in the "Saltbox Farm" block of the month from Natalie  of The Birdhouse fame!  


I love the muted tones of the fabrics and, again, I love incorporating embroidery with patchwork!


A tiny glimpse of a canvas work project for our Stitching Days!


And this morning I am packing my bag for a weekend of stitching and fun with lots of other like minded women!   We are off to the Jukejema Quilting Barn Retreat on the river at Nowra on the south coast of New South Wales.    I went last year and had a great time and am looking forward to meeting up with lots of blogging friends - some are even coming from New Zealand!!!   Our teachers for the weekend are Anni Downes, Natalie Ross and Janelle Wind - looking forward to that!!


So .... this is my stitching bag for the weekend ....


I could be taking a basket .....full of goodies ....


Pretty sure there will be lots of cups of tea!!


And did I mention ... there will be lots of good friends there ....


Yep ... another cup of tea ....


Button collection better come with me .... I always need to embellish!!!


And of course a pincushion ... this one was recently made by Tricia ..... so I thought I would take it on it's first trip away ....


And you can't stitch without red frogs .... it has long been a stitching tradition with my group of friends .... will 2 packets be enough though???     Hope you all have a great weekend ... and hope you get to fit in a little bit of stitching time!!!    Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Saw Anni on Wed and she was looking forward to the weekend.......have a great time........

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!