About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stitching on the Lake

It has been over a week since I posted our Stitching on the Lake projects!  I had been told to rest for a week and get better!! So that's what I did!!   I'm pleased to report I was well enough to attend our Stitching on the Lake day in Canberra yesterday!   As always, we had a wonderful day of stitching and friendships - with more than a dash of food!!!    I can't believe I took no photos of the beautiful food created by Maree and Lynne!!  I'll remember to have my camera on hand for next weekend - the food was exquisite!!   Here is the room all set up before the ladies arrived - Christmas trees, red bags full of projects, Christmas hanging decoration and the anticipation of a great day!!


A couple of our projects - hexagon decorations!


Felt decoration, cross stitch decoration and a tiny little Christmas Santa!


Canvas work decoration and a beautiful embroidered cushion!   Is that two partridges in a very ornate pear tree!!


Another view of the room - ready and waiting for the ladies to arrive!


And finally ... here they are hard at work!!


Having fun and all working hard on their projects!


Sylvia having a chat with Margaret and daughter Danielle!


They do look busy don't they??


More happy faces!


Sue and Lee quietly stitching and enjoying their "time out"!!


Pene and Shirley taking a break from stitching for a photo!!


Stella couldn't drag herself away from her stitching ... so smiled as she worked!!


Penny (in the front of photo) travelled all the way from England to join us for Stitching on the Lake!! 
She wins the prize for coming the furthest distance for a stitching day!!


A room full of busy ladies!


Najelle from Hobbysew at Belconnen bought a lovely stall to tempt us!!   And tempted we were!! 


Some "works in progress" !!


And hexagon decorations in progress!!   A great day was had by all!!  We look forward to doing it all again next Saturday at the second Stitching on the Lake day in Canberra!! 

9 comments:

  1. Fiona, thanks to you and Sylvia for (once again) organising a great day. It was so relaxing to just sit and stitch with friends. Not finished my project yet, but still stitching... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a great day.......everyone is so happy.........lovely projects........

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time. The tables look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you've recuperated. As for the stitching day, all I can say is "Wow!" Wish I could have been there with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fiona: I am glad you are feeling better, I do wish I lived near you I would like to participate with you Ladies you all look like a lovely group of Ladies.
    I love all your projects.
    Blessings
    Catherine
    diamondc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures, Fiona. Haven't even seen mine with the busy-ness of the Sydney wedding trip. Hope to blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fiona isn`t it wonderful when you feel great you can actually enjoy something again. I love the pictures of everyone having a great time. The needlework is exquisite!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like you all had a fabulous time Fiona! So glad you are feeling better..

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!