About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blackwork and a surprise package!!

Finished off this little free blackwork pattern with some gold stitching on it.   It is a free design from Patricia Wainwright which I have had for ages and decided to stitch!  Another Christmas decoration to add to the collection!


I was very excited when David bought the mail home last night - I had a big package from "Hatched and Patched" at Bathurst!!


And inside was the beautiful fabric kit for Anni Downs "Some Kind of Wonderful" quilt!   How exciting!! 


The fabrics are so gorgeous and I kind of wish they would just make themselves up into this gorgeous quilt overnight!!   I am going to be stitching this with the "Stitch A Long" group (but not until I finish off my 'Tis the Season quilt - which is nearly done!)


Love the fabrics and the threads and would really like to be starting this today!  I do have lots of other things on my list to complete first though!!

5 comments:

  1. you had better hurry up and get the TTS done so you can touch those new fabrics............ gorgeous.........now back to the TTS........don't forget to share with the SAL girls........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ornament.
    Your new project looks fabulous, I look forward to seeing your progress on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fabrics...love the little ornament too...a surprise package at my place too...I feel so spoilt xxx!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fabrics are gorgeous....what a lovely package to get in the mail..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet finish - and great pkg in the mail!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!