About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Look What I Won Today!!!!

How very exciting (and somewhat embarrassed) to share that I won our Needlework Raffle Quilt today at our Christmas Luncheon!    We had a gorgeous lunch at the "Grapevine Cafe" and I asked Deb, the lovely waitress, to pick out the winner out of thousands of tickets!   And guess whose name was on it ????   MINE!!!!   Yay!!!   Having bought lots of tickets in our quilt raffles  for about 10 years, it was such a lovely surprise!  I know I am the envy of all the ladies .... but I really believe this was our most beautiful quilt yet!  And thanks to Jenny of Elefantz for letting us use her designs for this raffle quilt!   Jenny on the left and me on the right holding up the beautiful Shabby Roses Quilt at the nursery today!


I was also very spoilt with some beautiful flowers and a gift voucher from my ladies!  Thankyou all so much!


Here is Jenny, Shirley, me and Mary Rose on our way out through the beautiful nursery gardens at "Bushy's Bloomin Things" (the home of the "Grapevine Cafe")


And all the ladies enjoying a beautiful meal at the "Grapevine Cafe"!   Will post some more photos tomorrow, but I just had to share my beautiful quilt with you all!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What a fantastic prize. It's beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona

    Congratulations on winning the raffle quilt - what a treasure when you know whose hands have made the stitches!

    Regards, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for you! It's such a beautiful quilt, and you certainly deserve to be on the receiving end. I'm so pleased that you won.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Fiona, it's gorgeous!! You must be so pleased. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Fiona you are very very lucky but it is well deserved. You work hard I am sure you will enjoy this lovely quilt

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!