About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Thursday, November 17, 2011

"My Favourite Things" Quilt

I love it when you get organised to start a new project!!   I have joined with the "Stitch A Long" group again to work on Anni Downs beautiful "My Favourite Things" quilt from her new book "Some Kind of Wonderful"!  I love everything in the book and want to do it all !!   So ...... I had a big empty box .......... and a couple of spare hours this evening .......


And I filled it with my fabrics and threads and this most beautiful book!!


And tonight (while I waited for David to arrive home from Sydney) I decided to prepare the first few blocks!   Love the patty cakes block!   And then I just had to start stitching!!



And the cup of tea block!


Singing in the rain !!


And old blue jeans - some of my favourite things too!!    I am working my quilt with applique and blanket stitch (just because I love to blanket stitch) so I have reversed some of the blocks and put the writing on the other side of the block .... so it will be a little different from the original ..... mmmmmm ......... what a lovely evening .......after a busy day at work ......... preparing and stitching with a cup of peppermint tea!

8 comments:

  1. Your blocks are looking fantastic. Feel like starting mine but best do a few other things first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great start! This is going to be another lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Fiona.. love your work so far. It's such a beautiful quilt...

    Sandyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking great Fiona.....glad your able to get started.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking great...love how you are being super organised too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must have been a long wait you got lots done and great work. Excellent applique you will have this done in record time!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!