About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Sunday, December 18, 2011

"Tis the Season" Quilt Finished!!

Finally yesterday afternoon I was able to stitch the binding around my "Tis the Season" quilt  .... another project to tick off the list of things to complete!!    This was a fun project to stitch and now I'm able to continue with the next Stitch A Long project - My Favourite Things quilt by Anni Downs!


Chookyblue will be happy to see I have labelled the back (Merry Christmas Shirley H) and have now completed!  I have gifted this lovely quilt to Shirley because she helps me out with the Needlework Group and I really do appreciate all her help .... so enjoy Shirley ..... you deserve to be spoilt this Christmas!!


We spent yesterday looking for a real Christmas Tree - finally found one in a nursery north of where we live .... so I also spent the afternoon putting the decorations on the tree ..... this is one of my favourites which my sister had made for me in the USA with all our family names on it!


Peace ..... it's what we all wish for!


Cute Christmas Stocking with cinnamon sticks and buttons attached!


Joy .... something else we all wish for at Christmas!


Loved these patchwork blocks in cross stitch!


And this was given to me in my first swap years ago!


A beautiful Anni Downs decoration made by Sylvia last year!


Another simple favourite!    And our house smells simply beautiful with the fresh scent of pine tree!!!   Mmmmm  ..... it's beginning to feel like Christmas!! 


7 comments:

  1. gorgeous quilt...i love it. all the ornaments look lovely too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt & I love all the Christmas decorations, especially the reindeer, how precious. Merry Christmas. Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is awesome and your tree decorations are so beautiful.
    Merry Christmas,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt looks beautiful! Isn't it special to look at each ornament we hang and remember....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt turned out beautifully; I'm sure Shirley is thrilled! Thanks for sharing your special ornaments. Enjoy all blessings the holidays have in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad the TTS is done......your friend will love it.......

    love all the ornaments.......gorgeous...........

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!