About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year everyone!  I do hope 2012 brings you much joy, peace and happiness in all that you do!   2011 was full of amazing times for our family .....


January saw us spending time at the beach and enjoying family time ... one of our favourite things to do!
February meant starting to get projects together for the coming year!
March saw us back in the Solomon Islands for a week doing work towards the pre-school we are hoping to build there ... March also saw a change of job for me, semi-retirement and lots of cheer!
In April we spent a weekend away with friends ... amongst other things ... a bit of stitching was done!
May is my birth month ... hence the flowers ... and a visit to Anni Downs shop was a real treat!
June saw us trekking in the hinterland behind where we live .. a beautiful day in mid winter!
July saw me piecing together my "Tis the Season" quilt for the Stitch A Long organised by Chookyblue!
August and some more projects were finished off for Stitching Days!
September ... and David and I were in Nepal climbing over the Thorung La Pass at 5,500m!! Whew!!
October arrived and Stitching Days were in full swing!
November and I was counting beanies knitted by my Needlework ladies for our troops serving overseas (one of whom is my son) ... it was with a grateful heart for the kindness of my ladies that I sent off 10 boxes (at last count 167 beanies) overseas .... to be warmly welcomed by our troops!
December and we were back in the Solomons for 5 days chasing up paperwork and meetings for the pre-school .... farewelling our son ..... enjoying a family Christmas in Sydney .... and welcoming the cutest addition to our family .... Nala ..... the chocolate labrador!!

I pray your year was eventful and happy .... and I do hope 2012 brings you all that you wish for and more ..... take time to smell the roses and may all your stitches be worked with a peaceful thread!


4 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing year is right Fiona. I hope 2012 bring you all (& Nala) just as much joy & many more successes. Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely collage of a great year. Now to get ready for this one! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a full year you've had. It's amazing you fit any stitching time in!!! Hope 2012 holds many more special memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great year - full of beautiful creations and achievements!
    Happy New Year!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!