About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year's Eve fun!

We are normally in  bed well before midnight on NYE - but this year we went to Sydney the day before to attend a Big Bash Cricket Match at the Homebush Stadium, then had a lovely breakfast out on New Years Eve with my sister and her husband on the northern beaches.  Then we headed into the city and enjoyed a magnificent Italian meal overlooking the water at Walsh Bay .....


Then had a wander around the harbour foreshore as everyone was gearing up for New Year's Eve!  What a spectacular backdrop is the Sydney Harbour Bridge??


And then my Christmas gift to David was tickets to the Sydney Resolution Concert at Glebe Island and one of his favourite bands were playing ... The Pet Shop Boys!!    We had a great night .... this was before darkness fell!!    We had great seats right in front of the stage!!   What a great way to see in 2012!!      I am now trying to get to my new Bernina sewing machine ... "Bliss" .... but fencing and a puppy are getting in my way!!!    I hope you are enjoying the early days of 2012!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an amazing New Years. I am going to fly out to Sydney in the next week as I am hoping to celebrate Australia Day with some friends :) Can I ask where you stayed when you where there? As im trying to find accommodation for us all and as I am planning on staying in Sydney for a few months I don't fancy a hotel. I also don't fancy renting and so far I am considering staying in a serviced apartment in Sydney as it's like a flat but not, check out the link. Any help you could provide would be much appreciated as im really struggling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that you have started NY`s with a bang. I love love love the Pet shop boy`s danced to their music when I was younger...and now sining `how`m I gonna get through` lol.
    Beautiful site pictures and you look so happy together glad that you got to enjoy the year coming intogether.
    new puppy, and new machine sounds like fun fun fun to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing way to bring in the New Year! The pictures are wonderful Fiona and it looks like you had an awesome time. Happy New Year to both of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!