About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Sunday, February 12, 2012

An Afternoon of Colour!

After a beautiful sunny morning here and a glorious walk along the beach and a swim .... it is now raining .... torrential downpour!!!   So what's a girl to do????    Seek inspiration from colour!!  I'm delving into a few projects this afternoon ..... I'm playing with colouring in with my new Derwent watercolours and embroidery .....



Going through my thread collection to find the right colour for a machine project I'm finishing off!


I was lucky to win two tins of Gutermann threads at the Quilt Show in Sydney a couple of years ago ..... so I really should be able to find the right colour!


Finished off this little embroidered pincushion on linen for a friend's birthday!


Found my tiny Santa decoration which I thought I had lost!   He is sitting on another pincushion!


And all will be revealed shortly with this gorgeous fabric ..... a bit more embroidery to happen on this project before I can share!


And part of a cot quilt I'm making for a friend!


And .... when the sun was shining this morning ... and we came back from our walk and swim .... this was one tired little puppy !!   Enjoy your Sunday .... wherever you are and whatever you may be doing!

6 comments:

  1. You have had a busy afternoon Fiona. Can't wait to see what you get up to with the thong fabric! Lovely pin cushions. I still love the one you made me years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Fiona, well what are wet Sunday afternoons for then. Looks like a fun one. Hmm I'm intrigued with the jandal fabric - what are you doing with that Kiwi icon fabric then?
    And wee Mia, (?? got the name right?), hasn't she grown. Puppies are really good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an intriguing post! Can't wait to see all the things you are working on. Oh my, your puppy just melts your heart, what a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your embroidered pin cushion. It will make a beautiful birthday present. The puppy is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your puppy is sooo adorable!

    I love Derwent pencils!!! They were my absolute favorites as a child. In the US, they are not popular, but you can find them at art stores - I paid and arm an a leg a couple of years ago for a set of 12. I still love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Der kleine Welpe ist so süß!!!!:):):)

      Delete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!