About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Start of a Raffle Quilt!!

It was great to be back at Needlework last night and this morning and to catch up with all the ladies!  We have been in recess for the christmas holidays for 8 weeks so it was definitely a time of lots of chatter and a little bit of stitching!   Great to see some lovely finished pieces and some new works in progress!    It was also lovely to receive back so many embroidered squares for our new raffle quilt for 2012.   Here are some of the squares - all beautifully embroidered and waiting to be stitched together into what promises to be another gorgeous quilt!    


I gave the ladies a piece of fabric for their Christmas homework with no direction as to colour or stitches to be used .... and these are the result !!



Hopefully we will have enough squares to make two quilts!


Love the use of this beautifully coloured variegated thread!


And on the background of the natural coloured fabric, these ladies stitched in white really stand out!


A gorgeous basket of sunflowers!


A beautifully stitched gardening angel!


And another beautifully stitched colourful lady stitching in the garden!   The designs are from various designers and the ladies have certainly left their individual touch on each piece!  I'm looking forward to seeing what comes in next week!!

8 comments:

  1. What lovely work..I'm sure they will make a beautiful quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you must have been so happy to see all those beautiful stitcheries. What a gorgeous job everyone did. That's a raffle quilt I would like to win. Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stitching ~ each and every one ~ the finished quilts will be beautiful and so unique xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the squares are lovely..It will be a gorgeous quilt when it is put together..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are amazing! I can't wait to see the finished quilt. It's going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fiona, I am a new follower, I came across from Buttons@Stitches where I saw your gorgeous giveaway gifts. Love all of the stitched squares from your needlework group. Lovely! As is your blog, I can see that I am going to enjoy following your blog.

    hugs, Kaye

    http://kittenstitching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the stitcheries are lovely !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!