About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sue Daley Workshop

I'm just back from a delightful day spent at the Jukejema Quilting Barn in Nowra at a Sue Daley Workshop!!   How lovely it was!!    Sue is such a great teacher and a wealth of information and we all enjoyed a fabulous day and some beautiful food - thanks Kim!!    We had a choice of two quilts to start on .... the new Lancaster Quilt!!   (my choice)


Or the gorgeous Appleberries Quilt in tones of blue!   Equally gorgeous!!


My little pink rotating mat got a big workout - what a great idea - I've always looked at them but resisted the temptation - but today I just had to have one!! 


My centre piece - fussy cutting fabric and stitching it back together is always fun!


Sue demonstrating some of the finer points of this beautiful quilt!


This is the gorgeous quilt which Sue taught last year when she visited Jukejema - this is Margs version and it was eye catching!


A little nook of Kim's lovely new store!


If you are passing through Nowra you must visit Jukejema - it's a treasure trove of fabric and delights!


It's also very nice and bright with excellent light and even two chairs and the newspaper outside for any husbands who have to wait longer they expected!!      If you get a chance to do a class with Sue - you won't be disappointed!!

4 comments:

  1. Fiona, your fussy cut centre is fantastic - great fabric choice. That looks like A LOT of clam shells you've got ahead of you. Looking forward to following your progress on this quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how your quilt progresses. I love those clamshells and the whole quilt! In fact I really love both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that quilt looks amazing...look forward to seeing it progress....

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these quilts are so beautiful !!
    You are very lucky to take part of the workshop with Sue Daley !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!