About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Glimpses of the Stitching Day

Here are some glimpses of more of the beautiful pieces and the Hobbysew display we had at "Stitching on the Lake" in Canberra last Saturday!    Najelle bought along a collection of must haves from Hobbysew at Belconnen (and yes ... a couple of those must haves ... I just had to have!!) .... this is part of her lovely display!


Some beautiful fabrics ... I wanted the whole basket!


This gorgeous Lynette Anderson design of Noah's Ark was beautifully stitched (by Sylvia I think)!!


And another sample of Leanne Beasley's gorgeous stitching pocket!


And another of my favourites ... Leanne Beasley's little Needles and Pins sewing bag!


Doreen had made this very cute and practical little sewing bag (using the same bag I had used for Sylvia's birthday gift - see previous post) and displaying her love of hexagons!   Just gorgeous!


And the back of the case with the pocket covered in lots of hexagons ... I love it!


And what would a stitching day have been without treats?   Way too many of these consumed!! We did have a great day!!  Thanks to all the ladies who attended, stitched, shared, ate and above all, made new friendships ... after all .... that's what it's all about!! 

3 comments:

  1. You took some wonderful photos of the stitching day, Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You simply can't go past those "have to haves" :)

    Lovely work on Sylvia's gift, too. What a handy little bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful things at your place again.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!