About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Sunday, April 1, 2012

March Quilt Blocks Done!!

I'm happy to have put together my March blocks in the Stitch A Long groups "Some Kind of Wonderful" quilt!  I'm really enjoying stitching these blocks - but the sewing together seems to take longer than it should!!   It's hard to get it all into the photo!!  The completed house and flowers blocks with the pieced sections in between!


The house was fun to stitch!


And the flowers too!


We also had to finish the strips for the top of the quilt .... and prove that we had done them!!


And stitched in the top strip is "my favourite things" !!


Our celebrations continued in church today with our newly appointed Bishop Ian and we were blessed to have some of our brothers and sisters in Christ from the Solomon Islands join us for the consecration in the Cathedral in Goulburn yesterday and at church today!   Here are our good friends Lily, Hugo, Rhian and Noel with Bishop Ian in the middle - we all had to wear purple today to celebrate!   A truly great day!


And this is my favourite little piece of kitchen equipment at the moment - my red tagine!!   It's origins are north African and it is an earthenware pot with the lid designed so that the condensation from the steam goes back into the cooking!   Mmmmmmmm .... and this was cooking our dinner tonight (as I was sewing - how clever is that??)


And when the lid comes off ..... a Moroccan Lamb Hotpot ....  (my husband thinks I'm really clever ... but he doesn't know I just throw it all in and it comes out tasting delicious!!)    

4 comments:

  1. Hey Fiona,
    Your March quilt block is lovely.
    Dinner looks fabulous, I think your husband is right :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your block turned out! That is a really interesting looking piece of dinnerware, but it looks like it works just right!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are clever getting your blocks all finished and delicious dinner cooked as well! I am nearly there...just have to do the piecing for the top borders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh the SKofW quilt is looking fantastic........

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!