About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Monday, April 16, 2012

Sylvia's Sewing Bag

Now that I have given the gift I can share what I made for Sylvia for her birthday!   From this book ......


And with some of these beautiful fabrics ....


What should have looked like this little sewing bag in the book ....


Looked like this ....... I'm pretty happy with the end result!!  As Sylvia isn't really a cat person, I took the cat out and added another hollyhock flower and I used blanket stitch applique method rather than needle turn!   Oh ... and I added her name .... just in case she should lose it!



And I sewed strips of Lynette Anderson's lovely fabrics together for the back pocket rather than making lots of little hexagons (time ran out for that)!!     This is a fun project from this lovely new book of Lynette Andersons ..... now on to something else!!   But I will definitely make one for me too!

13 comments:

  1. Fiona: What a lovely bag, you did a beautiful job.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty. I know that Sylvia loved it. You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift! I love that you added an extra flower for her and that you added her name. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely Fiona, I have that pattern to do next, was it easy? Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bag you made. I'm paitently waiting to receive my edition of this book from book depository

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bag is beautiful, lovely stitchery and lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fiona, that's just beautiful!! Love the conversions you made (especially personalizing it for her). Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bag you made for Sylvia...she must be thrilled.
    I have the book and someone gifted me the case, so it is high on my To-Do list

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful present & wonderfully personalised. Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's gorgeous Fiona. I love how you adapted it to suit your friend. Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Fiona - that bag is stunning! You did a wonderful job. I bet Sylvia is thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful gift !!! It's splendid !!
    I've ordered Lynette's book and must wait because it's the French version...Arghhh ! I can't wait !!
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bag is gorgeous,congratulations

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!