About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Friday, May 25, 2012

Birthday presents for Chelsea!!

Now I wonder what could possibly be in this big gift !!!   I thought the paper was too bright a cheery not to post a photo of!!


Now I'm hoping Chelsea doesn't decide to check on my blog before the weekend or she will see her finished birthday gift!!!   All bound and with the label on !!


I called this quilt "I love Bali" .... simply because she does (and so do I) ....perhaps we might need another holiday to remind ourselves why we love it so much!!   I used some of the batik fabrics around the label on the back as well!



I hung this over the balcony this morning and the sun caught the quilting and although there is sun and shade in this photo .... it shows how beautiful Jenny's quilting is!   I'm hoping the birthday girl will love it too!!    Have a lovely weekend wherever you are .... we'll be enjoying the company of three out of four children this weekend (and counting down the next month until the other one returns from an overseas posting .... not long to go now!!)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona, What a stunning quilt, made with love that shines through!
    The quilting is beautiful - I think Jenny G is the same one who quilted the hexagon quilt of Mum's that I now have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty. I love the bright wrapping also

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning and a clever mum she has, bet she loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!