About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Chelsea's Quilt

The baby of our family turns 22 next week and I have made her this special quilt using balinese batik fabrics (because she loves Bali for holidays!!)


Jenny G from my Needlework group quilted it with her new machine and she has done a beautiful job!   What  a lovely surprise this morning when she bought it in to me and showed me her wonderful quilting ..... I love it!!    And hopefully Chelsea will too!!


This is the back which probably give a better idea of the quilting!   Tonights job is now sewing the binding on and handstitching on a label !! 


Lyn came in this morning with her finished blackwork piece .... just needed instruction into turning it into a biscornu!   Beautiful work Lyn!


Some lovely variations of Jennifer's bag on display this morning .... Shirley F has added little felt hearts to her bag!


And Sheila was busy stitching a myriad of embroidery stitches onto her felt circles!


Sandy is a bit of a paper piecing fanatic (like me) and she is making a beautiful quilt .... here is one portion of the quilt!


And Shirley F has been in the Christmas mood creating an elf and reindeers!   Very cute!   Such diversity in this group of lovely women who come together each week to share their love of anything to do with stitching!    Tuesday nights and Wednesday mornings are such fun times!


3 comments:

  1. Der Quilt sieht wunderbar aus. Die Kreise haben eine ganz tolle Wirkung.
    Der Block von Sandy ist ebenfalls sehr schön.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  2. sent an email some time ago re would love the Jennifer's pennybag pattern..is it possible?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would the lady who commented about Jennifer's penny bag pattern please email me again at stitchfiona@hotmail.com?? I have been back through my email list and cannot find your request - I'm sorry. Thanks .... Fiona

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!