About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Shirley W's Blackwork and Fernhill

Feeling very spoilt by one of my special Needlework ladies Shirley W .... she has made me this beautiful blackwork box ..... I love it !!


Shirley W is the "Blackwork Queen" of our group and I feel very honoured to have received one of her beautiful pieces! 


The box is beautifully covered and she wrote me a lovely note inside ..... how lucky am I??


I managed a quick catch up with Sylvia in Canberra yesterday and now have another beautiful thing on my list of "Things to do"!!   An early birthday gift from Sylvia is this gorgeous Moda Layer Cake of my favourite French General fabrics "Rouenneries Deux" ..... this will make up into something truly beautiful!   And a neat little note pad to use!  Thank you so much Sylvia .... I enjoyed our few hours together!


And I received my next "Fernhill" pattern in the mail .... designed by Lynette Anderson .... this is so cute especially with the little painted squirrel button!      Now ..... where to start stitching today???

8 comments:

  1. Those are lovely gifts you received. The blackwork gift is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the latest Fernhill stitchery. The squirrel button is so cute, not sure about the little hedgehog though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I can't wait to receive mine now after seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so lovely to see you yesterday. Thanks for making the big effort to come up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Fiona - just had to comment that I also just love Rouenneries Deux fabric...couldn't resist buying some a few weeks ago at AQC in Melbourne. I saw a lovely quilt made using charm squares of this range at Mrs Martin's Quilt Shop, just need time to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beatiful!!!!
    Beatiful!!!!

    hugs

    Maria Filomena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Fiona that Box is Just Beautiful...
    French General Fan Here too...
    chers

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Blackwork box is beautiful! What a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is a beautiful box! Shirley has done an amazing job on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!