About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Favourite Things Quilt

I have finished putting together the May and June blocks for My Favourite Things Quilt which I am working on with the Stitch A Long group!   It is definitely getting harder to photograph, the bigger it gets!!


I enjoyed putting the sewing block together and added some foundation pieced blocks at the bottom and sewed them into the square rather than applique on .... I added some buttons too!


The original bottom square had a cat but I just had to add "my dog" .... I got this design from a Lynette Anderson pattern .... I think it looks like our chocolate labrador, Nala, complete with her red collar!



Best friends block!   It's great to see everyone's blocks coming along and with the deadline looming, I'm on a bit of a roll!!

6 comments:

  1. Your SKOW quilt is looking great. I love the colours you have used, and Nala looks right at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona your top is looking so good, you must be very happy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Quilt is coming along Fiona and I Love the fact that you added your own Pet...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Das Top sieht ganz super aus. Es wird ein wunderschöner Quillt.
    Liebe grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt looks great! Must get on with mine....

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!