About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Noah's Ark, Beautiful Blanket and Raffle Quilt

I recently finished off my version of our Noah's Ark project from the last Stitching Day!  I chose to do mine in a DMC variegated pink and orange thread .... a little bit different!   And I love anything paisley so I particularly enjoyed putting this gorgeous paisley fabric around my stitching to make up a little cushion!


Here is Sylvia's version of the same design ..... using all different colours!



I received this beautiful knitted blanket from three special friends who knitted me a very special birthday gift!  A minor technical issue meant I received it a month after my birthday, but good things come to those who wait!!   Thankyou to Lynne, Maree and Shirley - I have snuggled under this gorgeously warm (orange tone) blanket last night while I stitched - it really is beautiful thankyou!   Shirley took this photo at Needlework on Tuesday night after I received the blanket!



This gorgeous raffle quilt has been put together by the South Coast Quilters Guild to raffle to raise funds for a much needed charity organisation.     Margaret bought it along yesterday to show us and we all decided we would love it in our house!


And if you are the lucky winner .... you get to take home this stunning bag which matches the quilt!!   Needless to say ..... I have bought tickets!!   Good luck with the fundraising ladies!  The quilt is beautiful!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cushion Fiona. It's always interesting to see the same project done in different colours. Fun pic with the new blankie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! Did you create the ark on your own? Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both versions of the ark cushion...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blanket design and it is beautiful.

    Buy Handbags

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!