About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Sunday, July 15, 2012

An Afternoon at the Farm

Some great friends of ours have a farm just north of here and we visited yesterday afternoon as they are in the middle of calving .... how gorgeous these babies are .... this little one had been born an hour before we arrived ... that's Pigeon House Mountain in the background (the same mountain that is behind David and Nala in my previous post!



The old farm shed and trees in the fading light! 


This little one was only a couple of hours old ....


And this was like black velvet .... just so cute!   We enjoyed dinner and kept going down into the paddocks to check on any more new babies throughout the night .... what great fun!


Pigeon House with the sun going down ...    And so this afternoon I'm still finishing my secret stitching for our "Stitching in the Hills Retreat" in August ... I shall put it together this afternoon and make some more kits up .... and then will be back onto some stitching I can share with you!  Hope your weekend has been fabulous!!

3 comments:

  1. Fiona: I live on the edge of a small town about 3500 people, I live with-in walking distance of several farms, I do get to see lots of babies born, it is a blessing from above to be able to witnss such an emotional event, I have found the local farmers peacock running loose on the golf course several times it is a hoot.
    Blessings to you
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw your blog on my friend Jayne's we are part of The Stitching Sisters and we live in the same city. I love sharing my stitching and personal story's with fellow stitchers. Hope you will stop by my blog when you get a chance. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!