About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Monday, July 30, 2012

English Thatched Cottage Canvas Work

My love of canvas work was tested a little with this tiny English Thatched Cottage canvas work project I recently finished!   Although it was a bit fiddly to put together, it will make a great little scissor fob!    This is the front with little flowers growing along the front ....  the finished size is about 1.5 inches wide x 1 inch high!!


And this is the back .... and it is sitting on my first orchid which I discovered had bloomed over the weekend!   This little cottage is a design by Sue Hawkins from England.  A fun little stitch!!


12 comments:

  1. This is just stunning...oh for more hours in a day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so tiny and sweet, you must have very good eyesight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so tiny.. and so sweet.... great to have your orchid flowering too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little house is so gorgeous, Fiona. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is very cute.:)Congratulations.:)

    All the best.
    Bernadett

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous little house - love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely little house, congratulation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fiona, the fiddly little miniatures always seem so worth it in the end. Your cottage is gorgeous (and very fitting in this very English year with the Royal Jubilee and the Olympics). Love your work :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!