About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Friday, July 27, 2012

I AM STITCHING .... RED HOME

At the Craft Fair in Sydney recently I purchased Natalie Bird's new book "Red Home" ... filled with all things red which I love!!   After finishing "My Favourite Things" quilt  by Anni Downs earlier this week, I decided to get onto another quilt project while I'm on a roll .... so "Red Home" was the choice!   I'm joining May Britt and Hanne  in Norway as we "internationally" stitch "Red Home" together!!  This will be fun ....


This is the applique section of the first block "heart flower basket" and I have chosen to blanket stitch rather than needleturn because I find it far more relaxing ....


My completed first block !!   I loved choosing all the different red fabrics for this quilt!




And in case you decide to stitch this gorgeous quilt also .... Natalie has kindly made up this little button for you to put onto your sidebar ... so everyone can see you are stitching "Red Home"!!


GetAttachment

9 comments:

  1. Fiona, I love your first block and Red Home looks fantastic! I might try to see if I can get a hold of the book. I would love to join you - not sure where I would find the time, though, with so many stitching projects on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I feel like starting too but have too many on the go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Fiona. I don't think you can ever have to much red! And the basket fabric complements it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely block you have made. So fun that you will join us in sewing Red Home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello :-) How fun you will join us making Red Home. Ps. I do have a blog too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your red home quilt is looking gorgeous already. The book looks a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic block and how fun to be sewing it with a couple of friends...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I have a motivation to finish my SKoW earlier !!!
    I love this new Natalie Bird project !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!