About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Urban Stitches 2012

Sylvia and I had a really enjoyable time at Urban Stitches in Melbourne on Saturday ... run by Leanne Beasley, Rosalie Quinlan and Melanie Dekker ....  a small glimpse of our day ....  gorgeous name tags made by Leanne ...



They must have known I'm an orange girl .... cute little orange bags held all our bits and pieces ...


A cute little fabric kit, scrumptious Cosmo threads, needles, scissors and three lovely kits designed by each of the ladies ....


Rosalie's project was this lovely Urban Sewing Set with pincushion, sewing bag and scissor fob ....


Leanne's project was these gorgeous little doilies ....


And Melly's project was this cute bag ....  


It's always fun to catch up with Leanne ....


On Saturday there were over one hundred ladies who enjoyed the Urban Stitches day .... and it was all repeated Sunday for another group ....



Friday lunch in Melbourne .... a glass of bubbles ....


And a lovely mixed platter .... mmmmmm .....


Whoops .... I digress ..... back to stitching ..... lots of lovely displays of kits and projects .... I took lots of photos and will share more over the next couple of days .... if you get a chance to attend Urban Stitches in Melbourne next year, it's well worth it!!!

9 comments:

  1. Wow it looks like an amazing day. Those projects are so cute, how did you decide where to start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you hade a great day!
    Lovely projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went today. We had a fantastic time. Working on Melly's bag pattern

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do I want to join you next year!!!!!!!!!!! Great projects and a lot of vitamin Q.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful time - great projects, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks you had a wonderful time !!! Oh ! I wish I can come next year !!!
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fiona, I do wonder if these weekends are more about the stitching or the food *wink*

    Sounds like a good time was had by all. Which project did you start on?

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!