About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Sunday, September 16, 2012

A "Red Home" Weekend !!

In between chores and visitors, I have had a bit of a "Red Home" weekend .... I finished off two more blocks in the "Red Home" quilt ....  the "home" block ....


And the "love" block ....


Then I lay them out on the floor in the sewing room to see how they were looking .... and then I took a photo .... and then I realised my red Merrell loafers were in the photo too ...


And whilst I was on the "red" roll .... I made 25 tiny one half inch hexagons .... with my sewline glue pen and my fantastic little round Sue Daley revolving mat (which is pink - not red) ....


And then placed them together (not stitched yet) to see what they will look like when I put my little pincushion together .... and then some more visitors arrived ......... to be continued !!

6 comments:

  1. beautiful work Fiona,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little hexies are so cute. You will love them even more when they are sewn together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Fiona, ALL of your stitches and sewing have been absolutely fantastic of late....I enjoy catching up on the blog posts and even if I can't comment on each, they are all just beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing and keep up the great work~~~ Always, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt and those fabrics that you are using are to swoon over. And I love the little hexies too. They're going to make a darling pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely work... inspirational...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely quilt !! I like your bag very much too !!
    Florence

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!