About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Saturday, September 22, 2012

In my garden this morning .....

I'm glad I waited until this morning to sew together my "Little House Pincushion" by Natalie Bird ..... because then I got to go out into the garden and look for somewhere nice to take a photograph .... and on my wander through the garden (which is not very big I might add) I found a red spot to photograph this cute little pincushion ......


As usual I have changed it a little bit ..... because I never really stick to a pattern completely .... and I have appliqued and blanket stitched the little house and trees on instead of needleturn applique ...


I loved the fabrics I chose and the design and this went together surprisingly easily ....


And on my wander ..... I saw that my wisteria is flowering beautifully ..... it looks gorgeous in the sunshine today ....


I can now tick off another project from the "Red Home" book by Natalie Bird ..... I think I love just about everything in it !!


I can thoroughly recommend this book as one of my most used purchases in recent times ....  enjoy your weekend ..... wherever you may be .... I hope it involves a little bit of stitching time !!

10 comments:

  1. Well done Fiona, it's gorgeous. I love Red Home too, and I love watching all your projects. Your garden looks beautiful, and I bet it smells good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous pincushion and I love the changes you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wunderschön.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the little pincushion.. such a lot of detail...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful finish! I love that pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great walk in your garden this morning/for me evening.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect way to start the day...your pincushion is fantastic...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks gorgeous Fiona....Mine is still in pieces :/ I had better get onto that...xo

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!