About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Quilt Show Inspiration

I managed to fit in a quick visit to the South Coast Quilt Show on the weekend and there were some gorgeous quilts .......  here are a couple of close ups of beautiful sections of Margaret's lovely lovely quilts .... amazing work and divine quilting .....



I loved the colours and the piecing in this beautiful quilt made by Margaret also ....


Another that took my eye ....


Bright and colourful by another Margaret .....


I liked this one too .....


And this .....

Japanese influence ....


Simple hexagons but very effective and colourful .....


This great quilt was made by Martha and lots of friends for her son's 40th birthday ... great idea and wonderful memories in this quilt ....


Part of Vere's quilt .... great three dimensional effect ....


And a more traditional quilt .... beautifully pieced and quilted ....


One of my favourites was this great quilt with lots of different handbags with different textures and fabrics .... I'm a bit of a bag lady !!!


 A close up of one of the bags ....  an inspiring Quilt Show and a credit to all the ladies who worked so hard to put it together and to those who made all the beautiful quilts .... well done !!

4 comments:

  1. thankyou for sharing Fiona lots of goegeous quilts there.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of beautiful quilts by very talented quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilts. It's always so inspiring to go to shows like that and see what people make. I love that first quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!