About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Red Home and Fathers Day !!

We have celebrated Fathers Day here today with a beautiful breakfast after church at the Grapevine Cafe with David and his dad ..... here are three of the children with their dad and grandad in the nursery surrounding the Grapevine Cafe .... Chelsea, Sam, Frank, David and Ashleigh !


Yesterday we had a great walk down the coast in the southerly - very windy but a spectacular view - no whales in sight - just lots of whitecaps and wind!


Chelsea enjoying lunch with Nala yesterday !


This afternoon after the children had left and David was enjoying some Fathers Day football, I sewed my blocks around my second "Red Home" piece !   I'm blanket stitching this quilt just because I love it !


So .... blocks one and two are complete .... I've ironed on block 3 and getting block 4 ready !!


And I have attached my new "Scissoroo" scissors onto a canvas scissor keep I made a while ago ... if you look carefully .... these are not Stork scissors but they have a kangaroo on them!!  Very Australian ... and very good scissors too !!    I bought them at the Craft Show in Canberra recently from the Scissorman!!

9 comments:

  1. looks like you had a lovely fathers day Fiona and lovely stitching.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your family posts, it's obvious how close you all are. Your Red Home quilt is looking great, beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fantastic Father's Day and I love your quilt progress and those kangaroo scissors - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Father's day to your Dad, Fiona. Looks like you celebration was a blast. Your quilts are all gorgeous. Its amazing.
    professional salon supplies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great day! Your blocks look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fiona... can you email me your postal address and full name IF you still want to be in the Lets Exchange a black and white bag ASAP!
    I MUST get partners out now!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fiona... can you email me your postal address and full name IF you still want to be in the Lets Exchange a black and white bag ASAP!
    I MUST get partners out now!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like it was a lovely day for a Father's Day celebration. It's nice that you could all spend some time together.
    I really love your redwork quilt. It's amazing! Your scissors are cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Fiona. I love the fabrics your using in the "Red Home" blocks. Looking forward to seeing the progress . . .

    I've got the Scissoroo scissors, too and I love them. Hope you enjoy using yours.

    Sue :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!