About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Monday, September 10, 2012

True Friends Tote Bag - My Version!!

I have had a busy weekend of wedding planning with our daughter and a surprise visit from one of my sisters on Sunday!   So .... not much stitching done .... but then again I am working on some surprise projects at the moment and can't really share them just yet!    I am making my version of Natalie Bird's "True Friends Tote Bag" from her "Red Home" book!!!


I have stitched in variegated DMC red thread (one of my favourite colours) and added the side borders already!


This gorgeous ric rac braid I purchased at Lynette Anderson's "Little Quilt Store" will do the job perfectly !!


And so I added it to the side pieces  ....


A finished front .... but now I have decided to applique some hearts instead of pockets ....

9 comments:

  1. Das sieht super aus.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant wait to see your version Fiona.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fiona...

    I just wanted to say "thankyou" for my beautiful Lynette Anderson's cute fabric.. I remember reading that you were there... and wishing I was with you visiting her shop.... thank you so much.. I love it all... LOVE reading your blog.

    Sandyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your bag is coming along. Beautiful fabrics and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tote looks wonderful. And I love that rick rack that you have - I don't think that I've seen that in those colors before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching and fabric. Looks lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!