About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Angel Swap 2012

After a very hectic week at work and no time to blog, it was so special to receive an  amazing parcel of gifts from Meredith (no blog) my swap partner in the Christmas Angel Swap organised by Karen from Mrs Martins Quilt Shop!     I have been incredibly spoilt and very blessed by Meredith's generosity and workmanship ....   thank you so much Meredith!    I opened the box to find all these beautifully wrapped gifts ....


There were some categories to fill .... a christmas decoration, a santa sack, something sewing, something sweet ..... you get the idea?   Here is my beautiful Christmas decoration!



Something sewing was in this lovely Christmas tin with some tiny Christmas fabrics and DMC threads .... my most used christmas colours!!   How did she know???



My little santa sack!


Mmmmmmm .... delicious !!


A small wall hanging ....


The cutest label on the back of the wallhanging ...


Some lovely little mother of pearl Christmas decorations were tucked into my Santa sack! 


I think this was "something sewing" too ... one of Meredith's own designs ...


A stitched Christmas postcard ....


A Christmas gift tag ....


A very cute candle mat ...


A small framed stitched picture .... Meredith has done her homework very well and managed to stitch an absolutely gorgeous stitchery of our dog Nala in a Christmas hat!  So clever ... 


Isn't this just the most gorgeous picture?


And when I put them all out together, I feel incredibly blessed to have received such gorgeous gifts ... thank you so much again Meredith ... you leave me lost for words!       I hope you enjoyed your parcels I sent to you ... Unfortunately I didn't take photos before I sent them because I was in a bit of a hurry too!!    And thank you to Karen for organising such a delightful swap! xxx


10 comments:

  1. Wow Fiona . . . what a wonderful package to come home to!

    Love the stitching of Nala - the chocolate labs often aren't quite as photogenic as the golden ones (you often don't see as much of their gorgeous detail). That is way too cute.

    Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a gorgeous parcel to receive Fiona,lots of lovely goodies there.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the stitchery of Nala is just so perfect. I love the gingerbread theme & the candle mat is gorgeous. This is one swap that is just overwhelming to open - so many gorgeous pressies. Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meridith certainly does beautiful work! She answered a question I've had for a little over six years - how to stitch a black dog and show his personality even with all the dark coloring. I just may have to attempt this next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate you sharing your life with me through this blog over the past year, Fiona!

    I hope 2013 is a happy one for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, such wonderful treats you received! She did an amazing job on everything, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas Fiona!
    What a gorgeous exchange. Such lovely amazing things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous gifts from Meredith...the stitchery of your puppy is absolutely fabulous...

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!