About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hawaii Vacation

Our first few days in Hawaii have been relaxing and warm ... enjoying the pool and shopping .... and some great restaurants too!!  Oh ... and a couple of cocktails !!



We are at the beautiful Halekulani Hotel on Waikiki Beach and on arrival we received a delicious tropical fruit platter and gorgeous home made chocolates ,,,


These were so good ............. sorry none left now ....


On arrival we were upgraded to an ocean view room .... pretty spectacular really !!


Walking along the beachfront from our hotel ... Diamond Head in the background .... someone energetic who I am married to thinks it would be a good idea to climb Diamond Head ....hasn't he heard the word "relaxation"??



Beautiful sunset over Waikiki Beach !


And on the way back from dinner last night I found this beautiful Hawaiian quilt ... so I am thinking about stitching (just not doing any)!!


Each night there is a little something special on our pillows ... last night it was this lovely shell in a beautiful box with a lovely verse ....


How gorgeous is this ?


The tropical flowers are everywhere !


And it seems really strange to have Christmas trees and decorations everywhere here .... these are in our hotel lobby!!






5 comments:

  1. I rather like the idea that the brides parents need a honeymoon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful. I love Waikiki.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks fabulous, Fiona. You both look like you are enjoying it all very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I would love to be somewhere tropical right now! I vacationed in Hawaii just over a year ago now and it was great! Love Waikiki but also went to the beautiful North Shore! Loved every second!

    Enjoy your vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too much fun!!!!! I will tell the you the hike up Diamond Head isn't terrible and it's gorgeous from the top ;-).

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!