About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Eve 2012 .... bring on 2013!!

I cannot believe another year has flown and here we are on New Years Eve with 2012 coming to a close.  As I look back on the year it has been eventful and creative and filled with lots of good times and   a few not so good times!   I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and pray that 2013 will find you with good health and much happiness and may it offer you many hours of creativity .....  Just taking a look back over 2012 ....

In January I celebrated 3 years of blogging with a giveaway ....



And finished this gorgeous little sewing bag from Anni Downs book "Some Kind of Wonderful" ... don't you just love Anni's designs??



And we welcomed a new member into our family .... Nala 




In February I stitched a few shoe bags ...



In March I joined with Sylvia for our "Stitching on the Lake" Days in Canberra .... we have been stitching together for over 30 years and it is always lovely to get together for these wonderful Stitching Days !! 



In April I finished off Lynette Anderson's sewing bag for Sylvia for her birthday !




And was well underway with my stitchery for "Fernhill" by Lynette Anderson ...   



In May, it was Chelsea's birthday and I finished off this batik quilt for her birthday ....



In June this little sewing pocket came into being ....



In July I had nearly finished "My Favourite Things" quilt by Anni Downs .... I so enjoyed making this quilt and putting it together as part of Chookyblue's Stitch A Long group ...



And I finished off this challenging little English cottage in canvas work ....




In August, Sylvia and I held our first weekend retreat at "Stitching in the Hills" in Murrumbateman just north of Canberra .... we had such a lovely weekend stitching with all the ladies!! 




And I had a most enjoyable visit to Lynette Anderson's Little Quilt Shop  .... and had a lovely chat with Lynette (and shopped of course!!) 




In September I finished off a couple of my projects from "Urban Stitches" in Melbourne ... I love this little sewing bag ...



And loved making this little red pincushion from "Red Home" ....




In October our Needlework Group had a "Pink Girls Night In" and "Pink Girls Morning Tea In" for breast cancer research and we made these lovely little pink hangings from a Rosalie Quinlan design ..




And the ladies all dressed in pink ...




And I stitched some little sewing pouches with appliqué baskets ....



In November I finished off yet another canvas work project for our next "Stitching on the Lake" Days ..



And stitched a cute little biscornu in counted thread ....



And on 1st December we celebrated the wedding of our eldest daughter Ashleigh to her gorgeous Tim ...




It was an amazing day .... full of love 



And we celebrated Christmas and finally all got together 2 days later for a family photo with our new son-in-law and brother-in-law Tim (centre) ...



And as the year draws to a close I would like to thank you for all your lovely comments throughout the year and for being the lovely caring group of ladies I have come to know.   I have enjoyed being part of some amazing swaps and groups and have achieved lots more sewing through being kept accountable as part of a group stitch a long!   I have enjoyed getting to know lots of you and have even managed some get togethers with other bloggers which has been great!  Sometimes in the "busyness" of life we don't take time to stop and smell the roses and my creative side is my de-stress outlet and one of my great enjoyments away from my office life!     And so my prayer for 2013 is that we will all find peace and contentment in all things in 2013 ....  Happy New Year .... may 2013 be full of creativity and good times for us all! xxxx


13 comments:

  1. lovely post Fiona and the same to you and your lovely family.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post, Fiona. So nice to look back over a year with so much great stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post to read! I feel very blessed that 2012 saw me paired with you for the Christmas Angel Swap - there was an angel looking over us for sure, Fiona. What a happy and fulfilling year you have had - I wish you peace and happiness for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the girls fantastic post..lots of inspiration...Happy New Year..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post. Happy new sewing year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a year you've had Fiona! Wishing you and yours a wonderful 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fiona, thank you for your lovely post and sooooo beautiful photos.
    Happy New year from Italy:-)
    Emanuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have had a very full year complete with many blessings. Here's wishing you and your family a prosperous, healthy and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's been a great year and so nice to meet you.........

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful post--- reflecting the year. Congratulations on your daughter's wedding. Wishing you a Peaceful New Year. Looking forward to reading more of your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a BIG year you had. Looking forward to keeping in touch in 2013

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow I´m so impressed, stunning handcrafts but cutes of all is Nala ☺
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente in Germany

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!