About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Monday, January 28, 2013

Caring with Quilts .... Can you help??

On this Australia Day Long Weekend we here in Australia are experiencing the most amazing weather ... some areas are dealing with horrific and devastating bush fires whilst others are now trying to cope with heavy rain and flooding ... this is certainly an amazing situation.   A truly  inspirational  blogging friend, Chookyblue, has decided it would the appropriate Australian thing to do to help out our mates in need  ... see her blog post HERE and see if you are moved to help! 







THE FOLLOWING IS TAKEN FROM CHOOKY'S BLOGPOST ...

"In the Warrambungles Shire to date 
56,000ha has been burnt out
53 homes destroyed
120 shed/out buildings
unknown livestock, machinery, fences etc
The fire is still being controlled today nearly 2 weeks since it started..........
So how can you help.............


If you have a completed quilt that you would like to donate to the people who have been affected by the fires in Warrumbungles Shire could you please leave a comment on this post so I can contact you.
I have been in contact with a couple of friends and we have 7 quilts between us now..............
I am unsure of the ages of the people affected but I did see a mixture of ages when I spent a day at the recovery centre............

What you can send me..............
a completed/bound quilt with a label and a letter/postcard from you with your contact details so if the recipient wants to contact you they can
(Unfortunately I can NOT take blocks etc to put quilts together as i don't have the time, skills or resources available to do this)

The quilts will be distributed via the 

Quilts can also be dropped off to 
Kerry @ Cottage on the Hill Nundle
Anni @ The Home Patch Bathurst

If you are unable to send a quilt but would like to assist people affect by the fires you can make a donation to Blazeaid."

2 comments:

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!