About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Off to the Quilters ... Red Home Finished!!

After a busy week at work it was lovely to sit down and have an hour or two this afternoon to finish off the borders on my "Red Home" quilt !!!   I have LOVED making this quilt and will now have to finish off some more of the smaller items in the book ... looking forward to that!!



This is earlier in the afternoon without the outside borders on!   As you can see I have changed a few of the blocks from the original design by Natalie Bird ... and I love the end result .... and I can hardly wait to see what quilting designs Jenny comes up with this time!!   Enjoy your weekend ... and happy stitching!! 


7 comments:

  1. Well done Fiona, it's a gorgeous finish. Looking forward to seeing it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona, this is a wonderful quilt! Great idea Lynette Anderson:-)
    Greatings from Italy, Emanuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful, Fiona. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome Fiona,well done on a beautiful finish.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Fiona I love it. This quilt is on my wish list - maybe I will get to it this year xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! now that is just beautiful. You must be SO happy with it :0

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fiona, I do pop in to read your blog sometimes, and this evening what a sight it is!
    You Red Home quilt is looking wonderful, i have loved seeing your progress with it & I'm sure the quilting will be great too.
    Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!