About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Red Home Quilt Blocks

I had a lovely couple of hours of stitching time yesterday .... a good start to the New Year!!!   I am making the quilt from the Red Home book by Natalie Bird ....



I did change the dog on a scooter block to become a chocolate labrador with a quilt in her mouth ... trust me this has happened in our house with one particular chocolate labrador !!   This is one of Lynette Anderson's designs ....



Here is the block with red squares attached ...



And the pretty red robin block ....



With red squares attached .... and so now I have one block left to finish on this quilt and then I can hopefully put it all together .... a good sewing start to the New Year!  



10 comments:

  1. Your blocks are looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely blocks Fiona and i love the fabric,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so lovely Fiona :)) I follow you! Fantastic works and fantastic family :)
    A big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabrics you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty project and lovely choice of fabrics :) Have a happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the blocks are looking lovely Fiona, this sure is a popular book. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are so cute, and I think it was a good idea to put in the labrador:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt blocks are looking lovely#

    Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blocks. I love this book but haven't bought it YET.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!