About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Red Home Quilt

I have finally finished stitching the appliqué blocks for my "Red Home" quilt .... this is the last block (with a few of my own changes)  .... 


It was fun to place all the blocks out onto the floor in my sewing room and to see that they do actually all fit in together nicely !!   Now to fill the centre blocks ....



My first centre block with a large pieced star ... all the centre area is filled with lighter coloured pieced blocks with these larger stars and some smaller ones .... maybe this afternoon will see a little more progress on this fun quilt ... I have so loved making this quilt .... I think it's the red fabrics I love the most .... all mostly French General!! 


11 comments:

  1. Fiona, it is looking stunning so far. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, you have chosen beautiful fabrics for this quilt. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is looking so good Fiona. Hope to start this one some time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its looking great Fiona and i love this range of fabrics.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. I want to do a bom applique quilt sometime. One where everything is all lazer cut out an all. You wouldn't know any of those would you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow it's gorgeous Fiona, you are doing a great job. That is such a nice feeling, to see all the blocks laid together like that, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your quilt top so far. it looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your project. The colours are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THat is really gorgeous & I love the shoe bag on your last post too. A very pretty start to 2013. Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What applique technique do you use, Fiona? Is it needle turn, or machine or hand??
    I'm looking at starting my first-ever applique quilt top (Anni Downs) and am wondering which to use??

    Thanks for any helpful hints!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!