About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Back home ....

Finally back home after cruising on the "Voyager of the Seas" for 8 days on a needlework cruise organised by Needlework Tours from Melbourne.   Joined by a few friends from up and down the coast from various embroidery and patchwork groups, we enjoyed a great time of stitching and friendship and way too much eating!!   Here I am on deck and just about to leave with the amazing Sydney Harbour Bridge behind me ... and yes it was windy!! 


Our first two day class was with Robyn Alexander from Colourstreams ... Robyn was so delightful and her project was beautiful .... here is what we worked on  .... look at the beautiful threads and silk ribbons in the kit!  Robyn dyes all her own felt, silk ribbons and threads and they are all absolutely divine!! 



Robyn and I ..... I was pleased to see she is a bit of an orange person too!!


My progress on my Heart Felt Chatelaine .... nearly there ....


Look at the beautiful colours in these hand dyed threads by Colourstreams .... delicious!! 


Our second class was with Yvette Stanton and we did Portuguese White Work .... and I'm happy to report that I finished this gorgeous bookmark project in the one day class ... although it was a little bit hard to work on the 38 count linen for my little old eyes!!!  Here is my bookmark resting in Yvette's book! 


Our third class was with Gary Clarke and we did a small Turkish Delight piece.  This was tiny tiny stitching with one thread and using a tiny tiny quilting needle for stitching ... very interesting and thoroughly enjoyable ... not quite finished this one yet though ...  this was Gary's sample ...


And this is my work in progress ...


And here is Gary with Sylvia and I .... he is an amazingly talented embroiderer and is soon off to the United States for a whirlwind teaching tour for seven weeks!   Lucky him!!    


More photos to come .....

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous time.....beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful cruise! The projects are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fabulous Fiona,i am going on my 1st cruise in september and now i wish it was a needlework one,lol,love your projects oh what fun.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, cruising and needlework all wrapped up in one holiday. It's like a dream vacation!
    Your projects are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely adventure!! The projects are gorgeous, love all the stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!