About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Saturday's Plan - Bind a Quilt!!

How exciting to receive this beautifully quilted piece back from Jenny this week .... and now onto binding .... today's project!! Jenny has done a fantastic job and I love it!!!  I have to say this "Red Home" Quilt by Natalie Bird has been one of my most favourite quilts to make!!  And I'm keeping it just for me!! 


And thank you so much for all the lovely comments and emails from everyone after drawing the winner of my giveaway!!   I had a lovely email from Deborah who is very excited and some other lovely emails from some gorgeous ladies who are excited for her!!  Isn't that what this is all about??  Have a great day ... I'm going to spending part of mine at the sewing machine putting this binding on!!  

10 comments:

  1. It's so exciting to see the quilting bring a quilt to life, it's beautiful. Have a fun day binding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stitching the binding on is pretty satisfying, I think. A nice, gentle way to end the quilting process! It looks great Fiona, and how nice to keep it for yourself. So often we make gifts for others (which is great), but it's nice to pamper ourselves too! Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I see this quilt in Blogland, the more I think I will have to make it. Yours is wonderful Fiona, I love the fabrics and the browns give it real warmth!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your quilt is truly beautiful, well done on all your hard work,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fiona this quilt looks awesome ,well done on a beautiful project.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt is beautiful Fiona, and Jenny's quilting is just perfect! How wonderful to be putting the binding on. You have inspired me to put this on my list - I have the book, and lots of reds in my stash, so no excuse (except maybe time!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is gorgeous, it's very inspiring to see it finished so beautifully! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!