About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Beth's Quilt .... Mother's Old Sayings ...

Beth has finished off her lovely quilt full of those wonderful old sayings your mother used to say ..... this was a block of the month (I'm sorry but I'm not sure where from) and it captures the very essence of those age old sayings ....  all so true ....


If it's worth doing it's worth doing well .....


Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ...


A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush ....


A stitch in time saves nine ....   And now it's off to be quilted ..... can't wait to see what fun the quilter has with this !!


8 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona, this quilt is fantastic! The name of pattern is "Because I said so" but unfortunately I don't remember the author:-(
    I seen this pattern a few years ago on the magazine Country Threads.
    Hugs from Italy and sorry for my English;-((
    Emanuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done Beth its beautiful.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt, what a lovely idea to remember the past.
    Thank-you Fiona for sharing this wonderful quilt picture.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOO gorgeous Fiona! Thanks so much for showing it!
    Hope your night is a good one!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous quilt. Love all the sayings

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!