About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Farewell Dadeda

Sadly this week, on our 33rd wedding anniversary, my amazing father in law, Frank, (Dadeda to his grandchildren) passed away peacefully whilst having his afternoon nap aged 91 years  ....   an incredible array of emotions over the past few days .... our family is all together and we are blessed to have had him in our lives for so long ....  xxxxx


22 comments:

  1. My thoughts are with you and your family. He looks like a delightful gent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sympathies for your family...hold dear the memories. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences to you and your family. He looks like he was a wonderful man. Thinking of you at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad for you all, Fiona, but think I would perhaps like to go like that. A lovely twinkle in his eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a very sad news condolences to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  6. May he rest in peace...... Cherish his memories and remember the good times...... Faye

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet gentleman he must have been, and what a gift to have had him physically near for so long. I'm sure you'll miss him, but his memories will be with you forever! So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sorry for your sad loss Fiona,thinking of you all,take care.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful memories you must have, treasure them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry, Fiona. While you were blessed to have him for so long, it still hurts so much to let him go. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry for your loss, Fiona. Oh but what a long life he lived and the memories all of you must have to recall when you are missing him. Praying for all of you as you go through this; I know it's never easy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry for your loss. (((((((hugs))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prayers for you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My thoughts are with you & your family. I think most older people would like to "just go to sleep" as your father-in-law has during his nap. Cherish the happy memories of 33 years as his DIL. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry for your loss! Hugs and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fiona: I am so sad for your loss, the glory of his passing is his reward in heaven.
    Blessings.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Fiona I am so sorry to read of the passing of Dadeda...My Thoughts and Prayers are with you...Thinking of you and your family....Dzintra

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry for your loss, I shall keep you & your family in my thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry to hear your loss but what an innings he had and great way to go :)
    Thinking of you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very sorry for your loss. Such a lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. sorry to hear about your FIL.........it's a good photo........enjoy the good memories you have......sorry I am late....thought I had commented here and realised that I had starred it while I was away to come and comment when I got home....been thinking of you and the family.........

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!