About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Yoko Saito books and stitching with friends ....

Wow ... what a beautiful parcel I received yesterday from Lynette Anderson at the Little Quilt Store!!!  I have long been a fan of Yoko Saito and when I saw Lynette advertise these two gorgeous books I knew I had to have them in my bookshelf ....  the first is called "houses, houses, houses!" ....



The second is "Scandinavian Quilts" and the bonus is that both books are the English versions which works well for me!!    Yoko is a celebrated quilt artist from Japan and I love that she uses such detail and her signature "taupe" colours ....


A cute little house from the first book ...


A little purse ...... from the first book ....


Birdhouses ....


A gorgeous bag from the "Scandinavian Quilts" book ....


I might need this useful sewing holder ....


And another beautiful bag .... all very inspiring !   If you desperately need either of these books you can order them from Lynette Anderson !


Last night was lovely at Needlework as we welcomed a group of ladies from Queanbeyan who joined us for stitching and laughter .... 


All hard at work .....


And just to show I have been stitching .... I am putting the finishing touches on my Stitch A Long project for this month as well as doing some secret stitching for our upcoming Stitching Days !! All will be revealed eventually .....


And today we are celebrating out 33rd wedding anniversary ....   happy anniversary to the man of my dreams .... here we are holding some of the bouquets at our daughter's wedding on 1 December 2012! 


7 comments:

  1. Yoko Saito's books are so beautiful! Looks like a good night at stitching last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful projects in those books, look forward to seeing them made. Happy Anniversary, a wonderful achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have fun with your new gorgeous books Fiona and happy anniversary to you and your hubby,have a wonderful day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very Happy Anniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt books and stitching! And a very happy Anniversary to you both..DH and I have also been married 33 years...good year!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!