About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Monday, July 1, 2013

Another Weekend Away ....

I was very surprised for my birthday in May when my children presented me with a lovely gift voucher for a 2 night stay at Bellawongarah B & B at Berry on the NSW South Coast .... and we decided this weekend was the weekend to go ....   so here is our beautiful accommodation for the weekend ... a little old church ....  beautifully decorated and very warm and welcoming in the rainy weather ....


The gardens were just divine ....


Lots of lovely rustic old fences along our 18km walk on Saturday (good training for our walk across England in September) ....


Absolutely amazing flowers and lush growth .... including these bright coloured toadstools/mushrooms/fungi (of some description) ...


There was lovely coffee and tahitian lime slice at the cafe at the outlook .... the half way point for our walk ... and just as well we had to walk 9km back to walk it off !! 


And last week we farewelled our youngest as she headed to far north Queensland to live with the man of her dreams .....  such a long way but no doubt a visit will have to happen soon ... I miss her already! 


9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place. The gardens look amazing and what a treat at that cafe.
    Congratulations to your daughter.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful place Fiona and such a lovely thoughtful gift from your children.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lokks so calming and inviting I hope you did get in some stitching.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely spot for a getaway and such a great gift idea too! I'm glad you enjoyed your time there. Congrats to your daughter on having found the man of her dreams. I wish them well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks beautiful...sad when our girls move away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a serene place! What a mix of emotions ~ happy for your daughter, but sad she's going so far ~ yes, visits are a must!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This reminds me of a Tasha Tudor homestead !
    Beautiful pics.
    It is an amazing time, when our daughters and sons venture out to start life on their own.
    As mothers, it is a new season for us... not always easy, but gratifying to see them expand and grow and make a life of their own.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!