About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Melbourne Craft Fair and sewing days .....

Last week Sylvia and I enjoyed a couple of days in Melbourne in stitching heaven!!   We had a great time at the Melbourne Craft Fair and caught up with a few blogging friends which was great to put faces to names finally !!



We also caught up with Rose who we met on the cruise earlier this year and she has been a major part of this gorgeous quilt to raise funds for the Caroline Chisholm Foundation.   It is absolutely amazing!



A bit of a close up of the beautiful work and quilting on this amazing masterpiece !




And we explored the beautiful l'uccello in Swanston Street which has such an incredible array of beautiful sewing pieces!   Just a couple of small purchases there !!



Inside this gorgeous treasure trove !






And some of the amazing tea cosies at the Craft Fair !   The next day we spent at "Friends in Stitches" ... photos to come !! 



10 comments:

  1. OMG, that quilt is stunning!! I can't imagine how much work went into it. Lovely!

    It looks like you had a wonderful time with your friends. Your craft fair looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is definitely a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness that Quilt takes my Breath away Fiona Stunning!
    Lovely photo of the Ladies and I Just Love Lucello it's a Must in Melb.
    I think FIS might have to be on My To Do List for next year presuming they will have it again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so lovely to meet you and Slyvia Fiona,you are both lovely and fun ladies,i have never been to Luccello's before but i have heard of it and boy that quilt Rose helped with is stunning,hope to meet you ladies again.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely trip...the CC quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful time. That quilt is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful inspiration !
    The colors on the quilt are amazing and so many details.
    Looks like a fun time.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely works.:) I am sure your company was very nice,too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the display of tea cozies! And that quilt, well.....!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you had such a great time in Melbourne...........

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!