About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Mrs Beasley's Sampler Quilt

I have actually been stitching but I have been working on "secret" projects for our "Stitching in the Hills" Retreat weekend at the beginning of August so I can't share them with you just yet ..... however I have received some lovely fabrics from Sandy at Cookies & Cream Craft to make a start on the beautiful Mrs Beasley's Sampler Quilt out of the new Vignette magazine ....  love all the gorgeous Cosmo threads I received too .....



I always love the look of combining patchwork with embroidery so am looking forward to starting this! 



The Tilda fabrics are just gorgeous !


It's always nice receiving a lovely package of fabrics and threads in the mail .... and a lovely note from Sandy !


I know lots of ladies who were eagerly anticipating the arrival of the latest issue of Vignette (Issue 10) and again it has not disappointed with all the beautiful projects in it !   


Lots ave asked where we stayed last weekend ...  here is a card with the main house on the right and the little church house we stayed in on the left ....


Beautiful flowers and exquisite china greeted us for afternoon tea on our arrival !


And another beautiful cookbook (a girl can never have too many cookbooks) arrived in the post .... this is incredible ... I can hardly wait to choose what to make this weekend .....    I hope you are having an enjoyable weekend .... wherever you are ..... now I need to get back to the Retreat projects ........ enjoy your stitching !! 


4 comments:

  1. lovely buys Fiona and loved where you stayed,lovely happy post,have a lovely weekend and will see you soon.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must look up this Vignette, I love all the colors in Mrs. Beasleys quilt the colors are lovely.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing Mrs Beasley's too Fiona your Tilda fabrics are so Pretty...
    Love your little Getaway really Lovely.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this quilt and look forward to seeing your progress

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!