About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Friday, August 2, 2013

"Friends in Stitches" Melbourne .....

This week has been pretty busy and full and I haven't yet shared my photos of my wonderful day at "Friends in Stitches" in Melbourne last Saturday!   Three lovely friends - Leanne Beasley, Natalie Lymer and Gail Pan (a fellow teacher on the Needlework Cruise next year) got together and organised "Friends in Stitches" for lots of very lucky ladies ...and we had such a lovely day !!    This is the table of ladies I shared with (and Sandy in the background) .... some fellow bloggers and friends !


Our three teachers Gail, Leanne and Natalie explaining their projects for the day !


There were lots of beautiful pieces on display from each of the teachers !  These are some of Natalies !





And some of Leannes!


And Gails!



The food was fantastic !




Yes ... there was fruit too !


This group of friends had made t-shirts to wear with words all over that covered the weekend with Friends in Stitches !  Great fun ladies !


And we were very spoilt to each receive a beautiful pendant gift !


And this is the room full of ladies stitching away throughout the day!  It was a great day and I'm looking forward to the next one!   



But for now .... I'm off to Canberra as Sylvia and I have our own Retreat weekend "Stitching in the Hills" this weekend in the hills north of Canberra ... we have kits up to our necks and projects galore to keep the ladies entertained and busy throughout the weekend!   Looking forward to sharing some photos of that with you after the weekend!   Enjoy your weekend whatever you may be doing!   I know we will be having some fun!!   Travel safely ladies !!

9 comments:

  1. last weekend looked wonderful.......I am sure your weekend will be just as good although you girls have to do all the organising...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful event, projects, inspiration, friends, food,and treats! Have a great stitching retreat. I am looking forward to seeing the recap :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a fun retreat, and so much variety in the projects. Hope this weekend goes well for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics...looks like lots of fun...super yummy food too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved looking at the pics of everything the teacher's had made. Such beautiful work! It looked like a wonderful retreat and I know yours will be just as great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a wonderful meeting.) So nice to meet our blogger friends.:)
    Beautiful creations and a yummmiii menu.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what fun you all must of had! Loved looking at all your pics. Looking forward to seeing piccies from your 'Stitching in the Hills' weekend retreat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. have fun at your retreat and cant wait to see what you and Slyvia taught.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great time was had by all. Love the projects 😃

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!