About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas in Canberra

Just back from a quick trip to Canberra for a medical appointment and found a great big box from one of my "Friends in Stitching" for our Christmas swap .... thank you Sarah for the lovely gifts ...



We had to send five small gifts starting with "S", "A", "N", "T" and "A" .... which stood for Santa, Angel, Nativity, Treat and Antlers .... I'm only allowed to open the first one and it is a gorgeous decoration .... S for Santa .... lovely thank you Sarah ...



We stayed with Sylvia and Bruce last night in Canberra and I lucked in on one of Sylvia's many Christmas gatherings ... this one was with her Wednesday night stitching ladies - the Ladies of the Night!!!    Here is Sylvia in the middle with Barbara and Sue enjoying Christmas cheer! 



It was lovely to walk into Sylvia's Christmas haven .... her beautiful tree ... with some of my stitched decorations on it too !



The piano is covered with lots of Christmas cheer too!



I love this wire hanging Christmas tree with lots of decorations !



A few little Christmas bears ....



And her beautifully finished Scandinavian Christmas quilt ....



A lovely Anni Downs decorative hanging ...



And I was a little bit spoilt by my good friend who made me this lovely hanging which she had stitched from one of Anni Downs new Christmas fabrics, together with a cute appliqué tea towel and a simply divine charm pack of the new French General fabric "Josephine" ... thank you Sylvia xx 



5 comments:

  1. glad you and Sylvia got to catch up..........very christmassy post..........enjoy your FIS gifts............I need to go open todays...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of lovely gifts Fiona and so nice you caught up with Sylvia,did you get a parcel from me in the post yet? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. COMPLIMENTS!!!! All fantastic: Happy Christmas e New Year!!! Kisses and Hugs! NI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all your Xmas decorations, especially your wire Xmas tree and decorations

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!