About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Farewell to 2013 .....

It's hard to believe where this year has gone ... all of a sudden we are at 31 December and I'm wondering what happened to make this year go so very quickly ... I only need to look back through my blog (a very good journal and reminder of everything) to see what took place .... In January I managed to finish off some stitching for me with this gorgeous pincushion using lots of different colours and designs ....


And I finished my Red Home quilt which I absolutely love ....


February saw me finish off my Red Home bag as part of the Stitch A Long group ...


And I stitched another wildflower jewellery box ...


My "Love to Sew" Sewing basket was published in Country Threads magazine ...


In March I finished off this pincushion and scrap bag for sewing and didn't get much done in the way of sewing as we farewelled my gorgeous father-in-law Dadeda xx


April was a month of catch up with stitching and Sylvia and I hosted another "Stitching on the Lake" Day in Canberra in April ...


We welcomed the gorgeous "Frankie" to our household ... so named in memory of David's dad and such a cute thing she is ...


I finished off a couple of Anni Downs designs and planted this pincushion in the middle of some gorgeous flowers I received ...


May was my birthday month and I enjoyed stitching some more bits and pieces from the Red Home book ...  I love this little pincushion sitting on top of some of my favourite French General fabrics ...



We also spent a weekend in the mountains at Thredbo celebrating David's 60th birthday with all the children and their partners which was fantastic ... this is our picnic on top of Mt Kosciusko !


June came around all too quickly and I made this Christmas banner ....


And my embroidered wildflower pincushion was published ...


I started making some Christmas decorations in July ...


And we were in full swing training for our walk across England also ...


Sylvia and I went to Melbourne and managed to catch up with lots of blogging friends at the Craft Show in Melbourne too  which was fun !


In July we also farewelled Chelsea as she moved to Townsville to live with Kye ... and they pretty quickly added Bailey to their little family ...


In the chilly August winter I stitched a scissor fob to match my canvas ribbons and roses pincushion ..



My Trellis Garden embroidery bag was published ...


Our "Stitching in the Hills" Retreat was held again at Warrambui and we had a fantastic weekend stitching lots of projects using the beautiful French General fabrics ... here are the samples ...


And to compliment the "red" theme we all dressed in red for dinner on Saturday night ... lots of fun and laughter !


And I made this stitchers pocket ....


We walked 302 km across England doing the Coast to Coast Walk in September and I didn't do a stitch ...


Followed by 6 days on Santorini recovering and resting ....


My Needlework ladies raised funds for Breast Cancer Research in October by celebrating Girls Night In and Girls Day In and all dressed in pink and enjoyed gorgeous pink morning tea and supper ...


I stitched a Christmas stitching bag ...


And finally in October I was able to share the news that Ash and Tim were expecting a baby in March 2014 and that David and I were to become GRANDPARENTS !!!! 


Our Needlework Group finished off a lovely raffle quilt ...


In November we were blessed to have all our children home at the same time which is a very rare occurrence ... even Chelsea and Bailey arrived from Townsville ....  


Our Needlework Group finished off the year with two wonderful Christmas party celebrations ...


And December was busy and frantic as usual but I finished off another stitching bag ..



Sam and Nadia found out they were moving to New York in January for work ... a huge surprise and they are so excited about that !


My pincushion was published ...


I received some lovely gifts including this gorgeous Santa decoration ....


I was absolutely spoilt by Sarah in our Friends in Stitching Christmas gift swap .......


We have managed to spend some lovely days at the beach surfing and kitesurfing for some, or simply relaxing and enjoying a good book ...



And we were fortunate to celebrate Christmas Day with family and extended family and friends  ....


So I can honestly say I have been blessed this year and I hope 2014 brings many more happy times as we celebrate the birth of our first grandchild and obviously now a trip to New York to visit Sam and Nadia !    I hope it also brings lots more fun times with family and friends and lots of quiet and relaxing stitching times too!    I wish you all a very Happy New Year .... and may you also be blessed with many happy and creative days !! xx

8 comments:

  1. wow what a wonderful year fiona,so much has happened wishing you and your lovely family a safe and happy new year.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Newyear Fiona and Family: I love the look at the past year what a grand idea to share loads of beautiful pictures.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! You know Spring Market is on in May in Pittsburgh which is only a 3-4hr drive from New York, a good time to visit the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have very much enjoyed following your blog this year, Fiona - your travels, your beautiful family, and of course your stitchery! This has been my first year of blogging, and you're right; I'm finding it a very helpful record of what happened and when. Thank you so much for visiting and sharing comments on Comptonia. Here's to a wonderful year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had an eventful year enjoyed seeing your year in review. May your 2014 be blessed especial in March.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful New Year! Thanks again for the beautiful pin cushion (the first pic on this post).

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful year!! And it looks like the next one will be even better! Happy new year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy new year...............so many beautiful projects fr 2013.......

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!