About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year !!

Happy New Year .... I hope 2014 brings you great joy, much fun, lots of laughter, quality stitching time, and more adventures with friends and family ... we are enjoying beautiful weather and quality beach time so thought this photo would be a great way to start 2014!



And I have today stitched together this little scissor fob which doubles as a thimble holder too ...



And this is my antique thimble .... well used by David's great aunt ... and given to me by his mother for safe keeping .... and amazingly it fits my finger perfectly !   I love it and I would love to know the stories it holds and all about the pieces which were worked on ...



I love the colours in this little canvas work design by Sue Hawkins ...



And the back opens up to house my thimble which is nicely tucked away inside ...



We had a lovely meal out at Tallwood the other night to farewell Elliott before he flew out to Perth ...



And a nice photo before we took him up to Sydney to the airport yesterday ....  we have loved having them all here for Christmas .... but don't enjoy the goodbyes ....



Hope you are having a fantastic New Years Day and that 2014 brings you all you wish for and more! 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you have been productiv, Fiona. The little thimble holder is gorgeous. Lovely photos of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Fiona! What a fabulous thimble holder . . . you may not know the stories of the thimble up to now, but I hope you enjoy making many more new ones in the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ¸☆´.•´
    .•´✶`*.
    *.*★v . ✶•´ ☆´,•*´¨★
    ¸✶.•´¸.•*´✶
    ☆´¸.•★´ ¸.✶* ☆★
    ╱◥◣
    │∩ │◥███◣ ╱◥███◣
    ╱◥◣ ◥████◣▓∩▓│∩
    │╱◥█◣║∩∩∩ ║◥█▓ ▓█
    ๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩
    Mucha felicidad para ti y tu familia en este nuevo año 2014.
    Un abrazo muy cariñoso desde Tenerife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to see your beautiful family enjoying the summer weather. Sending you New Years greetings from very cold and snowy eastern Canada. It is minus 21 C here this morning and we have 3 feet of snow on the ground...

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!