About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Back to Needlework

It seems like months, but this week we have started back at our Needlework Group again .. always lovely to catch up with all the ladies again and see what they have been doing for the past couple of months ....   and some of my ladies are putting together hexagons for a charity quilt using this beautiful design by Rosalie Quinlan ... all the fabrics are using the equally gorgeous "Scrumptious" range by Bonnie and Camille ... one of my favourites ....


Such lovely sayings ....


Beautiful colours and stitching ....


Lots more to come to finish off this lovely quilt ....


Lorraine has stitched Annie Downs pencil case in bright colours which looks great !


Dzintra has finished off her Anni Downs "Gardeners Journal" quilt and it looks beautiful ... such a lovely job and Dzintra looks well pleased with her efforts ...


Shirley F has finished off this lovely house quilt with complimenting fabric ...


One of the gorgeous house designs ...


Whoops ... I've cut the top off this masterpiece of Sue's ... Wendy Williams "Hooterville" quilt ... all worked in felts and appliqué fabrics and it looks amazing ...


Jenny has put one of Rosalie Quinlan's elephant designs onto the top of a sewing box ...


And then stitched tiny versions of the same elephant around the sides ... very cute ...


And this is one piece of Jenny's quilt ....  all so inspiring and some beautiful work done by my ladies during their holiday season .... 


4 comments:

  1. I love the hexagons for the charity quilt. It is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.....lots of beautiful work has been done since your last get together....Wendy's designs are great aren't they! The charity quilt is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow such beautiful work,have fun with Sylvia on your cruise Fiona and travel safely my friends.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The group is making some beautiful pieces. I love "Hooterville" - Wendy's designs are always such fun. I'm finding "Best Friends Forever" really slow going - the blocks are lovely bound in Scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!